1. Green and black are the color most commonly found in silicon carbide.
2. Its hardness is very high abou 9.5 mohs.
3. Silicon carbide is made of quartz sand, petroleum coke, saw dust which is smelting in the resistance furnance.
4. Synthetic Moissanite is similar to diamond , so it can be used to make jewelry.
5. Adding salt in the process of producing silicon carbide can make green silicon carbide.
1. Because of its high hardness, silicon carbide can be used as abrasive to make abrasive tools, such as grinding wheel, bistrique, abrasive stone etc.
2. Silicon carbide can be used as deoxidizer in the steelmaking. Using silicon carbide can shorten the time of deoxidizing, improve the quality of steel and alleviate the environmental pollution.
3. Sand blasting is made of Silicon carbide and other materials.